How to share a Brother machine in Windows 8?
Printer sharing allows the multiple computers and devices to connect with same network to use one or more printers. If a machine is connected to PC that supports printer sharing, the PC can share that machine with other PCs on the same network. Whether your machine is new or old, if it is properly installed in one system, then it can be shared by that PC. Brother Printer Support UK provides the easiest and simplest ways to share your machine when you are a Windows 8 user.
Perform the following Steps to set Server PC Settings:
- Visit the official website of Brother Printer and install the latest driver.
- Open the Window of Printer Properties.
- In the opened window select the tab of Sharing.
- Tick the box beside the option of Share this printer.
- Hit the OK button.
Use the following steps to Client PC Settings:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Select Network & Internet from the appeared options.
- Choose the option of Network and Sharing Center.
- From the left side select Change Advanced Sharing Settings.
- Tick the circles beside the option of Turn on network discovery & Turn on file and printer sharing and hit the Save Changes button to save the made changes.
- Now come back to Control Panel window and click Hardware and Sound.
- Select Device & Printers and click on Add a Printer.
- Give a click on your Brother machine and hit the Next button.
- Click Install driver on the appeared warning message.
- Hit the next button and then click finish.
If in any case, you are unable to find your Brother machine, then there might be some network connection issue. So, run the Ping command using the steps given below:
- On the Start Screen of Windows 8 give a click on the downward arrow . Right-click anywhere on the empty spot of the screen, if you cannot see the downward arrow and then from the bar click All Apps.
- Select Command Prompt.
- If you are sure that there is no problem with the network connection then click The Printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Click on Select a shared printer by name and type \\ server PC name \ Server printer name.
- Hit the next button.
- Select install driver in the appeared warning message.
- Hit the Next button and to exit out of the window click Finish.
If you have any query regarding this blog or any issue persists while going through the above-mentioned steps, you can get help from our service providers. Just make a call to Brother Printer Technical Support UK +44-2080-890422 and get all the relevant information to fix the encountered issues. Our certified technicians will resolve your problem within the short span of time.